Fri, 12 May|
The Mini Sabbatical (May 2023)
You don't have to go far to find peace where you are. A mindfulness retreat you can join from time to time in the city.
Time & Location
12 May, 19:30 GMT+8 – 14 May, 11:00 GMT+8
About the event
The Mini Sabbatical is a retreat program for people who want regular breaks for rejuvenation and personal growth, but may not have the opportunity to take extended periods of time away from their city life.
A more pragmatic approach to "retreating", the Mini Sabbatical normalizes the taking of regular pauses in the city we inhabit, and helps us develop the skills we need for a more balanced life.
Mindful living and the cultivation of mindfulness skills, as well as resilience building are at the heart of the Mini Sabbatical program.
Under the facilitation of Teacher Erin, you will be guided in the following experiences:
- Mindfulness meditation in both stillness and movement
- Inquiry to make sense of your practice experience
- Journaling and reflection to deepen your personal insights
- Sharing & discussions with fellow participants for collective wisdom
- Experience mindful living, from eating and sleeping to personal care routines
- Observing silence and learning to be by yourself, without the distraction of digital devices
- Opportunities to converse with the teacher and ask questions about your practice
- Resources and continued peer and teacher support beyond the program dates
- This retreat program offers 3 tiers of pricing: Generosity, Supporter, and Concessionary.
- The Generosity rate leverages the "pay it forward" model and supports the program fee for yourself and another participant who is not able to financially afford attending the retreat.
- The Supporter rate is the regular fee for an individual attending the 3-day Mini Sabbatical.
- The Concessionary rate is a subsidised fee for an individual who is going through financial hardship and needs some support.
- Members of niàn Life get a further discount off the listed fees.
- The program price includes fees paid to the Teacher leading the retreat - please consider paying the highest rate you can afford.
- This retreat begins at 7:30 pm on 12 May 2023, and ends at 11 am on 14 May 2023. The program is inclusive of 20 hours of practice and guidance.
- You may do this virtual retreat from the comfort of your own home, or check in to your favourite hotel to enjoy the solitude and convenience you need.
- If you are booking a hotel stay with our hotel partner for this Mini Sabbatical, please ensure that you are checked in on 12 May 2023 (or earlier if you wish), and check out on 14 May 2023 (or later if you wish).
- An email about how and what to prepare for the Mini Sabbatical will be sent to you around 2-3 weeks before the program begins.
- Meanwhile, please read the FAQs to the Mini Sabbatical.
About the Teacher
This Mini Sabbatical program will be led by Mindfulness & Wellbeing Coach Erin, who is also Curator of niàn Life. Read about Erin here.
Day 2 ScheduleVirtual
The Mini Sabbatical program fee includes fees for the Teacher leading the retreat. Please consider paying the highest rate you can afford.From SGD 180.00 to SGD 400.00Sale ended
- SGD 400.00+SGD 10.00 service fee
- SGD 280.00+SGD 7.00 service fee
- SGD 180.00+SGD 4.50 service fee